Monday, October 11, 2010

Set My Heart On Fire

Love.
A difficult concept for any individual to grasp, let alone a camera lens.
For this assignment, I wanted to capture the idea of love as an alive and thriving entity. As something difficult to capture, particular, yet simple and elegant enought to appeal to the senses.
It took me a while and after shooting some random corny scenes, I sat at my desk to upload my failed attempts at photography. It was then I opened and began to play with a box of matches.
Dangerous, and slightly odd... I know. But it was time consuming and the birth of a neat idea.
Strategically placing the matches was EXTREMELY time consuming. But I had an idea and was determined to execute it. I thought placing them on the mirror would add depth and make the heart appear thicker and more visually present. I chose a slightly shallower depth of field to focus on the lines of the heart itself, and soften the look of the wood to use easy leading lines into the shapes outline. This image is only slightly optimized, as I want wanted to achieve the warm tone at capture; giving the image a romantic feel.
This specific image I easily chose as my favorite. Its simple, elegant, and warm.
It not only captures the concept of love but the idea of the possibility of a bright and desireable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment